In any Christian wedding, a flower girl plays a very important and envious role. A pretty young girl between the age group of 4 to 8 years is given the delightful task of walking down the aisle holding some lovely bunch of flowers or petals in a basket, which she scatters on her way. Usually, the bride or bridegroom is assigned the task of selecting the dress for the flower girl.
There are numerous things to consider while choosing a flower girl dress in Canada. Some important factors have been listed below:
- Talk to the flower girl’s mother before selecting a dress, so that you get the perfect fit and material of her preference.
- Be careful while choosing the flower girl dress size (for ages 4 to 8). A young kid may quickly outgrow the dress in a few months.
- If the actual wedding is still one year or 6 months away, try buying a slightly bigger size or wait for a few months before selecting a dress.
- Do not pick a dress just for its fancy designs or style; the dress should also be comfortable to wear. Stay away from itchy materials and rough fabrics.
- You have to keep in mind that you are buying a dress for a very young girl with a delicate skin. So buy a dress made of soft and comfortable fabric.
- Do not make the mistake of buying attire that is too long or else the little girl may trip or fall down the aisle during the wedding ceremony.
- Some girls hate flowing gowns or dresses if that is the case then discuss about the same with her parents and try choosing a different variety such as designer top and elegant pants for the flower girl.
- If possible, get a wrinkle free fabric so that it stays neat and decent even if the girl prances around during the ceremony and reception. Avoid buying fabrics that can easily tear or get wrinkled.
- Consult your married friends who have gone through the unique experience of buying flower girl dresses for their own wedding. They may be able to provide with a smart idea or two.
You can search online kids showrooms that offer special occasion dresses in Canada. There are lots of reputable e-stores with a wide collection of children’s dresses for very young pre-teen girls. It is advisable that you choose a beautiful dress made of soft materials, good quality fabric and vibrant color for the festive occasion.
As a to-be-bride, you also need to consider your total budget before buying a flower girl dress. The time of the wedding and the climatic conditions also influences your decision while buying a flower dress. You may select a flowery, light and sleeveless dress for summer or spring and a heavy material dress for winter. If the dress color coincides with the seasonal spell, then it looks all the more appealing.
The above-mentioned factors can help you select the best flower girl dress from any of the baby dresses stores in Canada.